Thursday 12 June 2008

Thank you

A couple of years ago, I re-encountered the Indian tradition of the birthday boy (or girl) throwing a party for friends, rather than the western tradition of the friends throwing the party or buying gifts.


And it got me thinking as to which was fairer. And I'm thinking that while it is really nice to get the gifts (and if anyone wants to send me some, I won't say no), what has the birthday boy (or girl) really achieved? One more trip around the sun. And if it wasn't for all his (or her) friends not throttling him (or her) or punching his (or her) lights out on every occasion that his (or her) behaviour so richly warranted such treatment, that trip would never have been completed.


So, for all of you who have allowed me to complete my latest trip around the sun, many, many thanks.


(I'm ignoring the irony that those most culpable for showing me kindness beyond what I deserve aren't actually going to read this blog).

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Woah woah wait... I thought you had one more day before you wet full circle round the sun... Congratulations! How was the view this time?

Charlotta-love said...

I usually give my mom a hug on my birthday. After all...I'm here due to her. What a great lady!

Happy Birthday

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online