Wednesday 11 June 2008

History is made...

Congratulations, Senator Obama.

While I do have some political convictions and opinions, I don't foresee them being expressed regularly on the blog (unlike really important topics like "Puns of the Weak"). However, I would like to congratulate Senator Barack Obama on becoming the Democratic Party's nominee for the 2008 US Presidential Elections.

This is a historic development, and one that I never thought I would see in my lifetime.

I am interested to see how far America will take this.

On the lighter side, a British comic remarked on BBC Radio that he hoped Sen. Obama would win, if only because he is the first person to take his campaign slogan from CBeebies: "Yes we can!" If the day comes for a President Obama to visit the Queen in London, will he also schedule an audience with his role model?

(This was meant to be posted over the weekend, but had to wait till my Internet access issues were sorted out.)

0 Comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online