Sunday 14 September 2008

What's going on? #3

I returned this morning after a great two days in Ooty (more details soon).

While I was gone, Dad caught a mild fever, and he was in bed when I came home. He was reading the paper, and I said hello and went to check my e-mail and the sports news.

This is what greeted me: in England Liverpool 2 Man Utd 1, and in American College football, Georgia 14 South Carolina 7, BYU 59 UCLA 0, Oregon 32 Purdue 26, Notre Dame 35 Michigan 17.

A clean sweep by my teams. I was thinking of putting in for long-term accommodation on Cloud 9.

Then I went back to my parents' bedroom for something and only then saw the front page of the newspaper: 20 killed in 5 bomb explosions in New Delhi.

I came back to earth with a pretty resounding thump.

1 Comment:

Charlotta-love said...

:o( I sometimes like to ignore the news just for that reason. I had a great weekend...meanwhile my sister is getting washed away by hurricanes. Sometimes you just don't know how to respond.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online