Wednesday 10 September 2008

No long-term change in the GPS

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself without a workstation in my office in Chennai. My boss's immediate solution: whyo not I relocate (again) to Pune?

Well, for various reasons -- some old, some brand new -- I really wasn't too keen on the idea. I told him that I would prefer to stay in Chennai, and accompanied that request with some heartfelt prayers (to God, not to my boss).

Late yesterday I received an e-mail from my boss (who really is a pretty good sort) saying that a workstation has been located for me in another office (it is really ironic that an IT company struggles so much to provide computers for all its employees), which is where I am today.

So, thankfully, I will be staying in Chennai a little while longer, providing a little stability in my life. I predict it will last till the end of November.

3 Comments:

Charlotta-love said...

That's great! At least until November. But I know you really didn't want to move.

Tara D. said...

I'm glad that your prayers weren't to your boss and even moreso that you get to stay where you wanted, at least for now. :)

Liann said...

Ahh Chennai...that hot and humid place. You sure you want to stay?

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online