Friday 12 September 2008

News of the weird #1

I read an item in the paper a couple of weeks ago that a farmer in England had come up with an idea to keep birds from attacking his crops: he put up an Amy Winehouse scarecrow.

Brilliant!

Winehouse has a great voice, but there's no denying that with her beehive hairdo, tattoos and garish eye-shadow, there is something rather terrifying about her (in addition to her well-publicised self-destructive behaviour).

I found a photo of the scarecrow online.



I can see why it is so successful. Scary.

4 Comments:

wild murdocks said...

HA! Sad, but true. I wouldn't want to get in a scuffle with Amy! One swift blow from her beehive alone would be deadly.

Tara D. said...

Ah, love the scarescrow. I bet that thing doesn't just keep away the birds. Pure genius, that man...

Charlotta-love said...

What does he grow as crops? If it's corn, he should have a corn field maze come October. I'd certainly be scared to round a corner and see that.

hoLLy said...

holy crapoli, that is scary

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online