Tuesday 27 May 2008

Puns of the weak

One of my many failings is my love of wordplay. The bigger the groans elicited, the more joy it brings me. Here are a few good ones I have heard in the past few days:

Did you hear about the Australian amnesiac? He forgot how to use his boomerang but when he threw it a few times it soon came back to him.

How do you turn a platypus into an R&B singer? Heat it in the microwave till its bill withers.

How many seconds are there in a year? Twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd,…

One from the New Testament: How did the Apostles go to the Temple? In a Honda. (Acts 2:46 “And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple.”)

And one original, real life pun: Asked by a friend of mine when I was visiting him in Mumbai, a few weeks after I had been in Pune : “So, how did you find Pune?” “I got off the aeroplane…and there it was! I didn’t even have to look for it.”

4 Comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope "Puns of the Weak" is a regular post. This was good! DO you really consider Bill Withers in the R&B genre? My favorite Bill Withers song: Lovely Day

wild murdocks said...

Grooooooooan...very punny!

Charlotta-love said...

I admit. I like puns. I usually will respond to comments my parents make by repeating a pun. But since that can get old, I intentionally mix them up.

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and spit.

or

I see said the blind man. It all comes back to me now.

The groans have been replaced with odd stares. :o)

Tara D. said...

Love the Pune pun. :) Very clever, Shankar, very clever indeed.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online