Saturday 31 May 2008

In a holding pattern

It is nearly midnight on Friday. Why am I blogging in Doha? Aren't I supposed to be on a plane back to India? Yes, I am. Unfortunately, not for the first time in my life, I have issues with immigration which has delayed my departure by at least 48 hours.
For those who are keeping count, this is the fifth country with whom I've had visa/immigration problems (only one of which was not resolved within a few days). The countries on the Honour Roll:
  1. The United States of America
  2. Germany
  3. Spain
  4. Denmark
  5. Qatar
You'd think they'd recognise a world renowned traveller when they see his passport, but nooooooo...

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

That's too bad Shankar. And here I was going to say that you planned your departure well so that you get a 3 day weekend. (India does do Sat/Sun, right?)

Your parents must be pleased. Even with a short delay they'll still get to have you home for your birthday.

What will you do with your extra time in Qatar? If you haven't tried it yet I suggest you spend some of the time sand boarding. No fancy equipment needed. Just grab a large piece of thick cardboard, jump on top and slide. After all, you have a plentiful supply of sand dunes available. :-)

wild murdocks said...

It sounds like you should be used to it by now! How frustrating. Good luck on your journey.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online