Wednesday 14 May 2008

The need for my "GPS"

I realised rather late in the day that today is the 13th of May. It's been exactly one year since I left home to take up my current job in Pune. This is a good opportunity to explain briefly the reason behind my blog's URL. I move...a lot. There aren't always very good reasons why I move, but they are compelling enough to necessitate moving. Last May 13, I moved from my hometown of Chennai, India to Pune, India as my new company was starting a new division there. I'd only visited Pune once before in my life when my uncle was posted there by the army. Life in Pune was quite different from Chennai, in terms of weather at least. Pune-ites complain if the temperature crosses 30 Celsius. Chennai-ites rejoice if it falls below 30 Celsius. And the humidity in Pune is much lower than my hometown. In that way, it was quite pleasant there. After about three months of training, I was selected for a project in Doha, Qatar, and I made my way here on September 1 last year for what was supposed to be a three month project. Two extensions later, I'm still here, but am scheduled to return to India at the end of the month. After that? I don't know. And that's why there is this "GPS".

5 Comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

one year since you took your new job and exactly two years since I got married! May 13 is a big day!

wild murdocks said...

I didn't know you were going back to India, where to exactly? Are you sad to be going back? I know you've enjoyed Qatar. What a world traveler you are!

Tara D. said...

I didn't even know you'd left Chennai. Or maybe I did but forgot. LOL

Charlotta-love said...

GPS: Gotta Pinpoint Shankar

Anonymous said...

Shankar? You left? I thought you were living across town.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online