Monday 28 July 2008

Song of the day

Well, the song of the morning, at any rate. Normally, even at 8:00 in the morning, the water in India is warm enough for me not to require hot water showering and shaving.

Not today.

We had heavy showers in Chennai last night, and the water was suitably frigid this morning. As the cold water shocked me awake, and I saw the stubble on my chin, the immortal words of The Monkees came to mind:



Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings

Of the bluebird as she sings.

The six (more like eight, for me) o'clock alarm would never ring.

Whoops its ringing and I rise,

Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

My shavin' razor's cooooold and it stings.



It took me till lunch to get that tune out of my head. What was playing on your personal jukebox today?

4 Comments:

Charlotta-love said...

That's a great song but The Monkey's?!? That song never gets stuck in my head.

Josh Groban was the singer in my thoughts today.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I had one today but yesterday it was the theme to The Wonder Years. In particular the part that goes, "What would you do if I sang out of tune? Would you stand up and walk out on me?"

Tiffany said...

The New song by Estelle featuring Kanya West "American Boy". Quite the snappy tune! I LOVE it. I am considering downloading it as my ringer on my phone.

Unknown said...

How about these lines when you have a tendency to sing aloud whatever is in your thoughts?

"Billy don't be a hero,
don't be a fool with your life.
Billy don't be a hero,
come back and make me your wife!"

:-D Love the thought of singing that at a YSA activity. :-D

Sad song though.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online