Friday 25 July 2008

The GPS was pointing elsewhere

As the alleged purpose of this blog is to keep you informed of my whereabouts, I should tell you that I spent Thursday in Hyderabad, the twin city of Secunderabad, the place of my birth, on company business.

I spent the first two years of my life in Secunderabad, before moving away (this business of me being almost constantly on the move started pretty early in life) due to Dad being transferred. I returned to Secunderabad when I turned nine, and lived there for four years before another transfer took us home to Chennai, which has remained the family base ever since.

In the intervening 23 years, Hyderabad has changed a lot. The office where I spent yesterday is in a locality that used to be rather sleepy. Not now. The place is so busy, that the only reference to sleep is people chasing their dreams with one of the many high-tech companies that have offices there. It was quite an eye-opening experience.

I was gone for only 24 hours, but for those of my vast and adoring international readership who think that the day is just a bit dull without a new entry of my blog, it would have seemed much longer. You can all sleep easier tonight.

1 Comment:

Charlotta-love said...

I will sleep easier tonight. ... but it's because Julia is home.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online