Sunday 25 January 2009

Movie Mania - Results

Here are the results of the movie quiz that I posted three weeks ago. You did really well, but there were one or two that I thought someone would get.

1. I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed. "A Christmas Story" -- Libby

2. Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime! "Goldfinger" -- Libby

3. I'd like to spell it out for you...only I can't spell! - "The Apartment" (1960 Academy Award for Best Picture; currently #89 on imdb.com's Top 250.)

4. Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex! "Some Like it Hot" -- Miriam

5. “Do you know what's wrong with you?” “No, what?” “Nothing!” "Charade" - James (Nexus-6)

6. "X" never, ever marks the spot. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" -- Joshua T

7. A movie! That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie. "Sleepless in Seattle" -- Libby

8. Our people, our people. I would have would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king. "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" -- Joshua T

9. No, you're not a bad mother. You're just a barking lunatic. "About a Boy" - James (Nexus-6)

10. It's spooky! She knows more about you than you do! -- "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" (I was really surprised no one got this one.)

11. Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket! "Bridge on the River Kwai" -- Libby

12. Okay, now I'm going back to Graduate School. That was the agreement. "Mystery Men" - James (Nexus-6)

13. Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart. "Jaws" -- Joshua T

14. Tell me what to say. But don't tell me what to say. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" -- Amy

15. If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him. -- "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (Won 4 Academy Awards for 1969; ranked 149 on imdb.com's Top 250.)

16. Every story's gets to have a really big coincidence and here's ours: -- "George of the Jungle" (One of my favourite lines of all time.)

17. Food is fuel. You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die. Now shut up and eat your garbage. "Ratatouille" - Charlotte

18. If you want to do something to make your mama proud, promise me. Promise me you won't let nobody turn you into no cripple, you won't become no charity case, and you'll stand on your own two feet. -- "Ray" (Academy Award winner for Best Actor in 2004, although this was said to Ray Charles by his mama.)

19. If you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. -- "Gandhi" (Won eight Academy Awards for 1982, including Best Picture; #165 on imdb.com's Top 250.)

20. Are you interested in joining? The benefits are terrific. The trick is not to get killed. That's really the key to the benefit program. "The In-Laws" -- Libby

21. Please consider me as an alternative to suicide. "The Princess Bride" -- Amy

22. A - You can never go too far. B - If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" -- Dave Hale

23. Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend. "Waking Ned Devine" -- Libby

24. When a girl is under 21, she's protected by law. When she's over 65, she's protected by nature. Anywhere in between, she's fair game. Look out. -- "Operation Petticoat" (Said by my favourite actor, Cary Grant.)

25. For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius. "Young Frankenstein" -- Libby

2 Comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I'm just happy I knew one. 'Me' and 'movie quotes' go together like 'ketchup' and 'bananas'. It can be done but it's an odd combination.

Me said...

How fun! Sad I missed it but I enjoyed it none-the-less. Of course, I knew instantly I would see Libby's name multiple times! Does she have a life? All she does is watch movies! HA!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online