Saturday 3 January 2009

Movie Mania

It's quiz time! I've seen this doing the rounds on Facebook and I thought I'd see if it would work here on the blog. These are the rules:
• Pick 20 of your favourite movies (I'm going to be generous and pick 25).
• Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
• Post them in a note for everyone to guess.
• Change font to bold when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie (so this will be updated as and when someone guesses correctly; I may re-post on a weekly basis few times).
• NO USING GOOGLE/using IMDB search functions. Feel free to ask friends and family, though (if you are really stuck on a topic for conversation).

1. I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed. "A Christmas Story" -- Libby

2. Man has climbed Mount Everest, gone to the bottom of the ocean. He's fired rockets at the Moon, split the atom, achieved miracles in every field of human endeavour... except crime! "Goldfinger" -- Libby

3. I'd like to spell it out for you...only I can't spell!

4. Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It's like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex! "Some Like it Hot" -- Miriam

5. “Do you know what's wrong with you?” “No, what?” “Nothing!” "Charade" - James (Nexus-6)

6. "X" never, ever marks the spot. "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" -- Joshua T

7. A movie! That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie. "Sleepless in Seattle" -- Libby

8. Our people, our people. I would have would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king. "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" -- Joshua T

9. No, you're not a bad mother. You're just a barking lunatic. "About a Boy" - James (Nexus-6)

10. It's spooky! She knows more about you than you do!

11. Do not speak to me of rules. This is war! This is not a game of cricket! "Bridge on the River Kwai" -- Libby

12. Okay, now I'm going back to Graduate School. That was the agreement. "Mystery Men" - James (Nexus-6)

13. Mary Ellen Moffat. She broke my heart. "Jaws" -- Joshua T

14. Tell me what to say. But don't tell me what to say. "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" -- Amy

15. If he'd just pay me what he's spending to make me stop robbing him, I'd stop robbing him.

16. Every story's gets to have a really big coincidence and here's ours:

17. Food is fuel. You get picky about what you put in the tank, your engine is gonna die. Now shut up and eat your garbage. "Ratatouille" - Charlotte

18. If you want to do something to make your mama proud, promise me. Promise me you won't let nobody turn you into no cripple, you won't become no charity case, and you'll stand on your own two feet.

19. If you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

20. Are you interested in joining? The benefits are terrific. The trick is not to get killed. That's really the key to the benefit program. "The In-Laws" -- Libby

21. Please consider me as an alternative to suicide. "The Princess Bride" -- Amy

22. A - You can never go too far. B - If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" -- Dave Hale

23. Michael O'Sullivan was my great friend. But I don't ever remember telling him that. The words that are spoken at a funeral are spoken too late for the man who is dead. What a wonderful thing it would be to visit your own funeral. To sit at the front and hear what was said, maybe say a few things yourself. Michael and I grew old together. But at times, when we laughed, we grew young. If he was here now, if he could hear what I say, I'd congratulate him on being a great man, and thank him for being a friend. "Waking Ned Devine" -- Libby

24. When a girl is under 21, she's protected by law. When she's over 65, she's protected by nature. Anywhere in between, she's fair game. Look out.

25. For what we are about to see next, we must enter quietly into the realm of genius. "Young Frankenstein" -- Libby

Good luck!

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, these are the few I recognize off the top of my head, hope I'm correct:

6= Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade

8= Lord of the Rings, Pt 1

13= JAWS

Bobbie said...

Wow. Apparently watching so many movies has completely turned my mind into a sieve (a small one, I believe). I don't recognize a single line. Then again, I still don't have my husband's work phone number memorized, so what can I expect?

Unknown said...

14 is My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

21 has got to be The Princess Bride.

Tiffany said...

Grrr - there are so many that I recognize but cannot pinpoint!

Unknown said...

22. Ferris Beuler's Day Off

Josh and Libby said...

1-A Christmas Story
2-Goldfinger
7-Sleepless in Seattle
11-Bridge on a River Kwai
20 The In-Laws
23-Waking Ned Devine
25-Young Frankenstein

That's all I can get at the moment...others are on the tip of my tongue...I may have to do this, if so we'll see how many you get!

Unknown said...

No. 4 - is that Some like it hot?

Unknown said...

No. 19 - Joe suggests 'Minority report'

Charlotta-love said...

17: Is that Ratatouille?

(And I confess, I had to google the movie just to see how to spell it.)

Nexus-6 said...

5. Charade
9. About a Boy
12. Mystery Men
18. Forrest Gump?

-James

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online