Friday 15 August 2008

Pun of the weak #14

The good people behind The Chambers Dictionary have a little section on their website called "Gigglosary, which allows people to submit humorous definitions for words. Naturally, there are quite a few good puns to be found. I think my favourite one is found at the end of the list:



Women's studies: a subject requiring broad research (Joe O'Farrell)



When I mentioned this to a friend, she replied that when she had a job on campus for her university's Study Abroad programme, her telephone greeting was, "Welcome to Study Abroad. Which broad would you like to study?"

I should have asked her if that was a multiple-choice question.

1 Comment:

Charlotta-love said...

My apt used to answer the phone with that greeting as well. We also used:

*Fruit of the loom, make it brief.
*Joe's pool hall: who in the hall do you want?

Ahh college.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online