Friday 26 June 2009

Michael Jackson

I was extremely surprised to learn just now of Michael Jackson's death on Thursday in Los Angeles, although I knew that he wasn't in the best of health for quite a while now.
I will admit that I've not been too impressed by him for many years now, but not for the problems in his personal life. No, my problem with Michael Jackson was this video (which, unfortunately, cannot be embedded):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-TZnNXXQrI
It was simply the greatest music video ever produced, and nothing he did after that ever came close to matching it. Every time I hear a creaking door, I expect to hear those familiar, spooky footsteps.
For "Thriller" alone, I'm grateful for the life of Michael Jackson.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about it on the radio this morning, unconfirmed and then confirmed. I feel for his family.

Charlotta-love said...

Ah, the good ol' days when a music video was a movie. I loved this video.

Bookslinger said...

Why is it that so many of the most talented people are tortured souls?

Kevin and Jamie said...

Did you ever see his video for Smooth Criminal? It rivals Thriller. I was a huge fan when I was younger, few people have ever been as talented.

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online